News | Events
Families, patients, relatives, carers, consumers and staff can nominate a nurse or midwife who has demonstrated an extraordinary commitment and contribution.
Patients, and their families and carers, may experience extraordinary levels of care from nurses when they visit the Cancer Centre and wonder how they can acknowledge individuals who have contributed so profoundly to their wellbeing. The annual Sydney Children's Hospital Network Nursing Awards provide this opportunity in Category 11 of the Awards which is detailed below.
Category 11: Consumer Appreciation Award
This category provides an opportunity for patients, carers and families to acknowledge a nurse or midwife who provided them with exceptional care and made a significant difference in their care journey.
Category Specific Criteria: Areas to consider: Being included in the co-ordination of care, safety and trust, respect and emotional support, information, communication and education, physical comfort and care. Please provide a specific example or story which describes how the nominee exemplifies this category by:
- Demonstrating commitment to working in partnership with patients, families and carers to provide exemplary care that is patient centred
- Demonstrating advocacy and cultural awareness in the care of patients and families
- Working consultatively and collaboratively with the MDT to ensure the clinical and educational requirements for patients and families/cares are met
- Role modeling positive communication and consultation with patients and families/carers
- The nominee demonstrates and displays conduct and values that align with applicable codes and profesasional nursing standards
- The nominee’s performance is in line with and above that expected of their position description
The annual SCHN Nursing Awards are now open for nominations.
Nominations are to be submitted via the Awards Force Platform schn.awardsplatform.com and will close on Friday 26 June.
Winners in each category will receive registration, travel and accommodation to attend the Australian College of Nursing National Forum in August and $500 to support their professional development.
Please contact Melissa Mroz (Network Nurse Manager) on 0475 953 699
or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries.