News | Events
"I love these little people," author Charles Dickens famously said of babies in an understatement to make us smile. Throughout December we're running a 'little people' competition in which you need to guess which baby photos belong to which staff members. This is more challenging than you may at first think as in the organising of the competition we had to contact the staff involved to make sure we had the correct answers...and we didn't! But we now do. And we're excited to see how you go in guessing which of the gorgeous baby photos belong to each of the familiar faces of our staff.
When patients visit Oncology at the Cancer Centre for Children they have a team of staff helping them that may include doctors, nurses, physiotherapists, researchers, dieticians, music therapists, play therapists, social workers, and teachers as well as other staff integral to assisting them. We have six staff in our competition who are:
- Dr Lucy Cain, an Oncological Doctor and Researcher
- Rhys Cameron, an Oncology Social Worker
- Kathryn Clark, a Physiotherapist
- Donna Dell'Unto, a Clinical Support Administrator
- Mira Halilaj, a Clinical Support Administrator
- Angelica Anna Torrijos, a Child Life and Music Therapy Assistant
Everyone is encouraged to enter. Patients, their families, staff and everyone associated or supportive of the Cancer Centre for Children can have a go and try to match the photos for a perfect score.
To enter you need to:
- Look at the photos on the website and match each adult photo (labelled with a letter A - F) with a child's photo (labelled 1 - 6)
- Email your entry to Jen Grinham at email@example.com including your full name, best email contact or phone number, and answers
- Submit your answers before 30 December 2019 as the winners will be announced in the January Cancer Centre for Children Newsletter
- Please write 'staff' in your email if you work at the Hospital as there are two prize pools. One for patients, families and friends etc and another for staff.
Hint: You may list your answers in the form of A1, B2, C3 etc if you'd like.
The prizes for the competition are Coles Group and Myer Gift Cards which are great for all ages as they can be spent at shops including Coles, Kmart, Target and Officeworks. Correct entries go into a hat from which the winners will be drawn.
Have some fun, and have a go, to see if you can guess who is who!